fabulous food fête!

I’m so excited to be launching a blog for Yumivore! To celebrate the occasion, and blogs deserve a proper launch, food and wine bloggers came together to create an incredible menu. To make everyone feel welcome, the menu options are all vegetarian; carnivores I assure you these veggie bites will please you as well. There are also many gluten-free options to choose from, and all of these nibbles fall under the yumivore mantra. Shawn Burgert, The Wandering Wino even put together a post on how to select wine just for this occasion! Although hors d’œuvres can often be served before a main course, all the scrumptious bites below are perfect appetizers or can even serve as the food of choice for a soriee. Not to mention that tapas or finger-foods are usually the best part of a meal and most fun! Even though the party is online, do save these amazing appetizers for a party of your own. Ready for a fabulous food fête? It’s time to get the part started! So grab a virtual plate, and enjoy a feast for your eyes!

It’s a fabulous fête! Celebrating the launch of Yumivore, and celebrating the yum in life.

Hibiscus Tea with Citrus and Vodka @bibberche

Spicy Rosemary Roasted Nuts @gourmandeinthek

Lumpiang Sariwa - Vegetable Lumpia @thedailypalette

Romenesco Floret Fritters @foodwanderings

Sweet Potato Pancakes @foodwanderings

Eggplant and Walnut Crostini @dinaavila

Roasted Vegetables @omgyummyblog

Perfect Pavloa @globetrottings

Balsamic Vinegar Strawberry Fudge Brownies @eatthelove

Cocoa and Coconut Chocolate Balls @foodwanderings

Party Wine! @awanderingwino

Enjoy more yum, would love to see you on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yumivores
And leave a note, I appreciate them all!

, , , , , , ,

24 Responses to fabulous food fête!

1. Ethan May 24, 2011 at 11:21 pm #

It’s ok if I grab a large dinner plate, right? Thanks for letting me be a part of your blog-warming party! I’m glad you decided to blog, great job Orly!

• Orly May 24, 2011 at 11:25 pm #

Thank you Ethan for the inspiration and the warm welcome wishes! Do grab a plate, everything looks so incredibly appetizing! I wish I could eat it all now.

2. Karen at Globetrotter Diaries May 24, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

mmmm love looking at all these beauties and thanks for letting me be part of the virtual welcome party :) Great job Orly, love the site and looking forward to more!

• Orly May 24, 2011 at 11:34 pm #

Thanks Karen for joining the party and sharing the pavlovas! Awesome you like yumivore, so appreciated!

3. Amy May 24, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

*claps loudly* Yay! What fun…so thrilled to be part of this 😀

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 12:59 am #

Thanks Amy! It is fun! And what an awesome menu, it came out great! I love your prosciutto mozzarella skewers you shared as well, though I ended up with a veggie theme. Interested in doing a picnic?

4. foodwanderings May 25, 2011 at 12:00 am #

Echoing Ethan’s & Karen’s sentiments what an incredible blog warming party!! Thanks for including me. I will have a serving of everything!! Love your new site. Congratulations!!

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 1:00 am #

Many thanks Shulie! I can’t wait to try all of your recipes, and in fact make all of these dishes! Appreciate all the love and for helping launch yumivore.

5. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen May 25, 2011 at 12:57 am #

I always like a good party, especially when there’s all this great food to choose from! Congratulations! Thanks for inviting me to the celebration. :-)

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 1:47 am #

There are amazing foods to choose from. It’s a wonderful launch party and fabulous you could help with the menu Sylvie!

6. Annapet May 25, 2011 at 12:59 am #

Like Ethan, I am so happy you decided to blog! Thank you for including me ;-). What a fabulous launch indeed!

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 1:44 am #

Thanks Annapet for all of your Twitter and blog love! So awesome to have you join the party!

7. Kimmie May 25, 2011 at 3:30 am #

What a lovely blog-warming party! Looking forward to new dishes and friends thanks to your new home on the web. =)

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 3:56 am #

Thanks Kimmie for the welcome wishes! So glad we connected on Twitter, and as you perfectly noted, via my new home on the web! Glad you’re enjoying the party.

8. Beth (OMG! Yummy) May 25, 2011 at 3:35 am #

Welcome Orly! What a yummy party you’ve put together. So glad you joined us crazy food bloggers. Looking forward to the picnic (have some perfect items for that) and our upcoming cooking and posting get-together! Great job!

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 3:57 am #

Thanks for all your support Beth and inspiration. Delighted we connected both online and off, and for OMG yummy moments! Looking forward to lots more yum together.

9. shira May 25, 2011 at 11:15 am #

Oh if only I lived closer!!! Good luck with this new venture Orly!

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

I do wish you lived closer! Not to mention you’d love the weather out here in California. Thanks for the well wishes Shira. Luckily we can virtually enjoy each others’ company online, and join me on Twitter if you’re on there as well @yumivore. I’d love to share http://gardenfordessert.blogspot.com/ with everyone.

10. Shawn May 25, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

Social media genius Orly! Your presentation is awesome! Photos are tops! (except my late entry 😉 Great choice in WordPress blog too! I think I’ll get in line with Ethan and grab one of those large plates too! Looking forward to seeing more! Cheers Orly!

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

I’m blushing like a Rosé! Thank you Shawn for the compliment. As I shared with @bibberche, it’s awesome to have the food and wine community get involved in the blog launch. it’s so fun to do things together. I appreciate you crafting a post just for the occasion! And do dive in to the hors d’oeuvres. They’re incredibly appetizing! Thanks for sharing @yumivore in your wanderings!

11. Lana May 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

I am so excited you decided to join us! And the party is a success – everything looks great! Looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog!

• Orly May 25, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Thanks Lana! Delighted the party is a success. It’s wonderful to have the food and wine community get involved in the blog launch, and essentially join the community!

12. Eli Yaffe June 14, 2011 at 7:05 am #

Orly,
    Interesting blog, where have you been up to now?
    Good luck!
    Eli

• Orly June 15, 2011 at 1:42 am #

Thanks Eli, glad you’re enjoying the blog! Appreciate the support and do share yumivore with your friends!